Brainwacker

Breeched Wales Bloviating in the Hot Sun

Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

Sunday, December 26, 2004

The Maple Macker

I've created a drink for the holiday seasons
.

Maple Macker

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/3 Cup Amaretto or less

Directions:

Pour the maple syrup in a pyrex measuring cup and place in the microwave till it boils in approximately one minute. Fill loosely with ice cream to the two cup mark. Place back in the microwave for another minute. Stir the ice cream into the maple syrup. Keep heating in the microwave until very warm. Stir in the vanilla and the amaretto. Pour into glasses. Place a dollop of ice cream or whip cream on top. Serve warm.



Everyone who has tried it so far has loved it and it's not out of politeness since I didn't tell them that it was my invention till afterwards.

I got the idea for this because I used to live next to a farmer who would make maple syrup. One day he invited me into the boiling shack for a taste of fresh hot maple syrup. It was exquisite. Since that time I would sometimes heat a shot of maple syrup to repeat the experience. Last New Years I decided to try to convert it into a drink. At first it was warmed syrup and amaretto but one time I got it too hot and decided to cool it off with ice cream. The rest is history.